[Plan #] 424 - Driggs st, e s, 80 s Grand st, one four-story iron and brick store, 40 and 46.4 x 45, tin roof, iron cornice; cost, $21,000; E. B. Tuttle, 494 Bedford av; ar't W. H. Gaylor. 1
Note: This is not a static site - entries are being updated continuously. New entries are listed immediately below, but check on the bottom of the page for recently updated entries.
Existing building is 4 stories.
Source: Real estate record and builders' guide: v. 42, no. 1070: September 15, 1888 (pg. 1124)
Possibly C. P. H. Gilbert's first Brooklyn commission. These buildings are heavily modified, but there is still some remnant of a historic roof and cresting.
Laying of the cornerstone attended by 10,000 people, let by Bishop Loughlin. Construction was "begun on the second day of June under the superintendence of Mr. P. C. Keeley [sic], architect, who numbers this as his three hundred and eighty fifth church edifice he has been engaged in building on this continent. Its dimensions are 68 feet in width by 156 feet in depth, and judging by the massive appearance of the walls, constructed by the builder, Mr. Jas. Radwell [sic, probably Rodwell, a prominent local builder], will be as substantial an edifice as any in the States.