Annunciation BVM School, Williamsburg

Annunciation BVM School, Williamsburg

School building for Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary parish, one of Williamsburg's many German-American parishes in the 19th century.

This building is the second school constructed for the parish, and was designed by Francis J. Berlenbach, a prominent architect for the Diocese of Brooklyn. Berlenbach (and his successor firm, Francis J. Berlenbach and Sons) designed over 50 churches, schools, convents and other structures for the Diocese between the mid-1880s and the 1950s.

 

Year
1892
NB#
561
Building type
School
Street
Havemeyer Street
Location
nwc North 5th Street
Address

70 Havemeyer Street
11211 NY
United States

Owner name
R.C. Church of the Annunciation
Number of Buildings
1
stories
3
Material
Dimensions
55*76
cost
$38,000

40.7144499, -73.9549235