The Lignum Chemical Company was founded by Edward Goett in 1886. The building shown in the 1911 letterhead was probably constructed between 1905 and 1911, and was destroyed by a fire in November 1913.
Following the fire, the company moved its operations to a one-story frame building at Morgan and Maspeth Avenues. After World War II, the company moved its operations to New Jersey.
In addition to its addresses at Meeker Avenue and at 366 Morgan Avenue, the Lignum Chemical Company was listed at had show rooms at 810-812 Fifth Avenue and some form of offices or headquarters at 177 Lewis Street in Manhattan and on East 166th Street in the Bronx.
815 Meeker Avenue