St. Pancras parish was first organized in 1898, an offshoot of St. Brigid's and St. Margaret's churches in Middle Village. For the first five years of its existence, the parish attended services at St. Brigid's. In 1905, Rev. Luke Fink was appointed priest for the parish, and services began to be held former Daly mansion in Glendale. A new church was constructed nearby, and on its completion in 1906, the mansion served as the parish rectory.1
The cornerstone for the present church was laid on September 7, 1924 and the building was dedicated on September 19, 1926.
- 1. "Church of St. Pancras (Roman Catholic)", NYC Organ Project (http://www.nycago.org/Organs/Qns/html/StPancras.html), accessed May 5, 2017.
72-22 68th Street