New Entries

  • Hugh Roberts was a loc al mason who developed these three buildings at the corner of Noble Street and Lorimer Street, as well as the buildings to the south on Lorimer and east on Noble. Architect in the Real Estate Record is listed as "E. J. E. and G. J. Roberts"1, perhaps a relation to Hugh Roberts; the Greenpoint Historic District designation report lists the architect as E. S.

  • Source: Real Estate Record & Builders' Guide (vol. 14, no. 347, November 7, 1874), 322.

  • Formerly 49 Newell Street, now 41.

    Source: Real Estate Record & Builders' Guide (vol. 14, no 346, October 31, 1874), 304

  • Havemeyers & Elder first built a two-story warehouse on this site in 1874.1 In May of 1887, the building suffered a catastrophic fire. According to the Brooklyn Eagle, the building was used as a depot by the Erie Railroad, managed by L. M.

  • Historical address is 184 Keep Street. No architect listed, but William T. Lamb is assumed.

    Source: Real Estate Record & Builders' Guide (vol. 14, no 337, August 29, 1874), 146.

  • Possibly builder in partnership with Hagerman.

Recent Articles

  • Mae West Didn'…
  • St. Peter Claver…
  • Domino Sugar…
  • Congregation Ahavas…
  • Engelhardt's…
  • Williamsburg Bridge…
  • Astral Oil Works
  • Sts. Peter and Paul…
  • Historic Street…
  • Gandar's…
  • Mechanics &…
  • Graham &…