Something got lost in the transcription of the caption for this postcard - St. Carontil, Dupan Street is actually St. Columbkille Church, Dupont Street in Greenpoint (even Eugene Arbruster got the name wrong, but he did get the address right). The Church was constructed around the turn of the 20th century as a chapel for residents and workers around Newtown Creek by St. Anthony of Padua parish. In 1939, Ss. Cyril & Methodius Parish took over operation of the chapel, eventually demolishing this red brick structure to construct their own church on the site.
140 Dupont Street