St. Luke's German Evangelical Lutheran Church

St. Luke's German Evangelical Lutheran Church

Church was founded in 1869. The first structure used by the congregation was a former public hall on Cumberland Street. From 1871 to 1893, the congregation worshipped in a frame church that they had moved from Gold Street to Carlton Avenue near Myrtle Avenue.1

  • 1. "A NEW HOME, AN OLD PARISH." New York Times, Sep 30, 1894. 12
Year
1894
Building type
Church
Address

259 Washington Avenue
11205 NY
United States

Architect

Recent Articles

  • St. Peter Claver…
  • Domino Sugar…
  • Congregation Ahavas…
  • Engelhardt's…
  • Williamsburg Bridge…
  • Astral Oil Works
  • Sts. Peter and Paul…
  • Historic Street…
  • Gandar's…
  • Mechanics &…
  • Graham &…
  • Annunciation Church…