Note: This is not a static site - entries are being updated continuously. New entries are listed immediately below, but check on the bottom of the page for recently updated entries.
Cornerstone laid 3 October 1937 1. The parish's first church was dedicated in 1942, was originally church of St. Francis de Sales. Fr. Fusco bought the church, had it transported and had it put on a concrete foundation. The original altar, confessionals and altar went to other parishes (St. Teresa of Avila, Brooklyn, Our Lady of Mercy, St. Monica's and St. Andrew, Manhattan).
Catholic services were first held in Southold in 1863. Prior to that, the nearest Catholic parish was St. Andrew's in Sag Harbor. The first church was a converted school on what is now Route 25. Originally there was to be a school on the property as well. The cornerstone of the present St. Patrick’s Church was laid on Columbus Day in 1926 and the first mass celebrated on July 1, 1927. 1
b. 27 June 1887 - d. 22 Oct. 1959