Cornerstone laid 3 October 1937 1. The parish's first church was dedicated in 1942, was originally church of St. Francis de Sales. Fr. Fusco bought the church, had it transported and had it put on a concrete foundation. The original altar, confessionals and altar went to other parishes (St. Teresa of Avila, Brooklyn, Our Lady of Mercy, St. Monica's and St. Andrew, Manhattan).
Cornerstone laid by Bishop Loughlin on 27 September 1891; the church was dedicated 26 November 1893. Rev. E. J. McGolrick was the priest in charge of construction of the church. The rectory and a separate chapel were constructed at the same time, with both also designed by Poole.