(Demolished) Frame church erected in 1887 for the Bushwick Avenue Methodist Episcopal Church. This congregation later became the Bushwick Central Methodist Episcopal Church.
The cornerstone for the church was laid October 20, 1890. DOB records indicate that Benjamin Finkensieper was the architect.
Rectory of St. Mark's German Evangelical Lutheran Church. The rectory was built together with, and attached to the church.
1-story garage, converted to a church.
The northwest corner of Evergreen Avenue and Woodbine Street is believed to be the site of first house constructed in the New Bushwick Lotts, an area granted by Peter Stuyvesant to the residents of the village of Bushwick in 1661. The first house was erected here in about 1700, built by a man named Van Nuyse. The house and three lots (about 70 acres total) were purchased by Leffert Lefferts from William Van Nuyse of New Utrecht in 1724.
Currently occupied by the Bethesda Memorial Baptist Church, this building was constructed in 1894-96 for the Bushwick Avenue Congregational Church. The church was organized in 1887.
The church and parish house next door were designed by Fowler & Hough (AIA Guide incorrectly attributes the design of the church to Parfitt Brothers).
Constructed as the parish house for Bushwick Avenue Congregational Church, Fowler & Hough architects (1897).
"Charles Engert, the builder, will erect 36 two-story frame dwellings with brick basements, all improvements, 18*50 each, on Humboldt Street, both sides, between Driggs and Nassau Avenues, F. J. Berlenbach, Jr., architect."1
Reference is to buildings on both side of the street, 637 to 663 Humboldt Street and 654 to 692 Humboldt Street.