Convent constructed for the Sisters of St. Dominic, who prior to taking up residence here had been located at Graham and Montrose avenues. The building was converted to residential use starting in the mid-1980s.
Three-story non-fireproof convent, north side of Metropolitan, 148' west of Bedford Avenue. 1 Real Estate Record & Builders' Guide, v. 94, no. 2417: Articles (July 11, 1914), 78.
Sources: Building, Past, Present and Future: Diocese of Brooklyn (Diocese of Brooklyn, 1938).
Constructed on the site of the former Elysian Views estate of W. W. Hulse, which was purchased by St. Patrick's parish in 1920.1
Source: Noda, Roman Catholic Architecture in Queens, New York (Master's thesis, Columbia University, Graduate School of Architecture, Planning and Preservation), pg. 810