Monastery built by the Order of St. Clare (the Poor Clares). Construction started in 1930 and completed in 1933. The order was previously located on Riverside Drive in upper Manhattan and relocated after the construction of the George Washington Bridge. In 1999 the Poor Clares sold the monastery to the Sisters of the Poor and relocated to New Rochelle. The Sisters of the Poor demolished the monastery in order to construct a nursing home on the site.
2999 Schurz Avenue