Organized on April 19, 1844 as the Presbyterian Church of Williamsburgh, Old School. Original church structure was finished in May, 1846.1
Located at the southeast corner of Stagg Street and Leonard Street, on the present-day site of Williamsburg Houses. Date of demolition is not known.
Congregation Beth Jacob, S. Baum, rabbi, have determined to rebuild the synagogue on the east side of Keap near South 4th Street partly destroyed by lightning “some weeks ago”.1 In 1898 Hyde atlas, building appears as wood frame.
Ross Street Presbyterian Church was founded in 1864 by members of the South Third Street Presbyterian Church. Early supporters included Sylvester M. Beard, Eli Beard and Halsey Fitch.
Previously known as the Ormond Place Church. Constructed in 1853 for Bedford Reformed Church. After a dispute with the Reformed Church led that congregation to abandon the project, the Central Congregational Church became first tenant.
Brooklyn's oldest known mosque, and possibly the first mosque established in New York City, is located on Power Street.
The northwest corner of Evergreen Avenue and Woodbine Street is believed to be the site of first house constructed in the New Bushwick Lotts, an area granted by Peter Stuyvesant to the residents of the village of Bushwick in 1661. The first house was erected here in about 1700, built by a man named Van Nuyse. The house and three lots (about 70 acres total) were purchased by Leffert Lefferts from William Van Nuyse of New Utrecht in 1724.
Cornerstone laid in September 1889. The current structure replaced an older structure dating to about 1874 that was located to the east on Hooper Street. The old church was built with the intention of later being converted to a school, and therefore had beam pockets built into the walls for the installation of two new floors at a future date. (That church/school was later replaced with a new school.)
Congregation started in 1847, first worshiping on Powers Street (Third Avenue). Constructed in 1851 for St. Peter's Episcopal Church. The cornerstone for the church was laid in 1850 and the building opened for services in May, 1851. By 1856, St. Peter's had outgrown the building and began construction of a new church on State Street, near Bond. Between 1857 and 1863 the building was occupied by the First Reform Presbyterian Church. The building was sold to the Church of the Convenanters in 1860. In 1864, the Second United Presbyterian Church of Brooklyn acquired the building.
Congregation founded in 1894, and moved to this location in 1902. The church building has been altered, with a new, larger, narthex added and modifications made to the design of steeple and front facade.