The first church for the York Street M. E. Church, which was the first to colonized from the Sands Street M. E. Church, was dedicated on 6 April 1824. It was a frame building, 42' by 55' and constructed at a cost of $5,000. This structure was enlarged in 1835. In 1851 a new brick church was constructed.1
- 1Henry R. Stiles, ed., Civil, Political, Professional and Ecclesiastical History of the County of Kings and the City of Brooklyn from 1683 to 1884 (New York, N.Y., United States: W.W. Munsell, 1884), 1031.