The Wesley Methodist Episcopal Church of East New York was established in 1883. Shortly thereafter the congregation purchased a property on Berriman Street near Eastern Parkway (?) and constructed a church, only to find out that the title on the property was not clear. The church decided to purchase a new piece of property at the corner of Glenmore and Atkins Avenue and in 1894 moved the church there 1 .
In 1908 the church undertook an expansion and remodeling, and the building shown in the postcard here reflects that work.2 .
835 Glenmore Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11208