The Frank Ibert Brewery was located on the east side of Evergreen Avenue, between Linden and Grove Streets. A two-story brick structure still remains at the southeast corner of Evergreen and Grove. In 1889, Theobald Engelhardt prepared plans for a three-story frame brewery, one-story brick boiler house, three-story frame machine house and three-story frame storage building.
"Four story double frame tenement" designed by Theobald Engelhardt for Christian Siebers. Built on a through-lot to Java Street. Original development included a one-story stable, 25x15, on Java Street (demolished).
Brooklyn's oldest known mosque, and possibly the first mosque established in New York City, is located on Power Street.
The original Church of St. Rose of Lima was constructed 1870. The wood-frame Gothic-style church was designed by Thomas F. Houghton. The church, with a capacity of 300, was the first Catholic church to serve the people of the Greenfield section of southern Brooklyn.
Cornerstone laid 3 October 1937 1. The parish's first church was dedicated in 1942, was originally church of St. Francis de Sales. Fr. Fusco bought the church, had it transported and had it put on a concrete foundation. The original altar, confessionals and altar went to other parishes (St. Teresa of Avila, Brooklyn, Our Lady of Mercy, St. Monica's and St. Andrew, Manhattan).
1490 - Melrose st, Nos. 156 and 158, s s, 1.50 w Knickerbocker av, two three-story frame (brick filled) tenem'ts, 25x5.5, tin roofs; cost, each, $4,000 Daniel Kreuder and M. Mayer, 47 McKibben st and 342 Ellery st; ar't, Th. Engelhardt; b'rs, D. Kreuder aud M. Mayer. 1