St. Patrick parish was founded in 1849 as St. Patrick Church Mission to serve Ft. Hamilton area, making it one of the oldest parishes in Brooklyn (although at the time of its founding, Bay Ridge was part of the separate town of New Utrecht, not the town of Brooklyn). The church was the Catholic parish of soldiers stationed at Ft. Hamilton. The first St. Patrick church at Fort Hamilton was dedicated in 1852.
Originally constructed as a pair of row houses in 1854, these two buildings were combined in 1923 as a funeral parlor for the Brooklyn Casket Co.1 The buildings were modified in a Gothic style, with a one-story brick and stone extension to the front of the property in stone and new lintels and parapet in the Perpendicular Gothic style.
Constructed as the episcopal residence for the Bishop of the Brooklyn Diocese.1 Now LaSalle Hall, a residence hall for students (at Bishop Loughlin HS?). The Bishop's residence is now located on Clinton Avenue, in the former Charles Millard Pratt residence.
"The Greenpoint Reformed Dutch Church is going up in K street, near Union avenue. It is to be in the Romanesque style of the French city of Rheims in the thirteenth century. It will be of brick, faced with light and brown stone. It will front 74 feet between the extreme edges of the towers, and will be 95 feet in depth. The cost is to be $50,000. William B. Ditmar [sic] is the architect." 1
Now 317 Broadway. Building was demolished for construction of BQE and is now part of Rodney Park Center.