107-109A Bergen Street
- Read more about 107-109A Bergen Street
- Log in to post comments
Appears to be the two-story addition to the larger loft building.
Building constructed in 1860 as the Lee Avenue Reformed Dutch Church on land donated by heirs of General Jeremiah Johnson. First organized in 1852 and formally established in 1854, the Reformed Dutch congregation did not pan out and by 1871 the church was taken over by Congregationalists and renamed the Lee Avenue Congregational Church. The church was demolished ca. 1917 for the construction of three apartment houses.
First church by Patrick Charles Keely. Demolished in 1900.
Hall associated with Ss. Peter & Paul Parish. The building was contracted as a gift of Mrs. Jeremiah Walsh and named in honor of her brother. References: "Father Malone's Reward", New York Times, August 16, 1897. "The McCadden [sic] Memorial", Brooklyn Daily Eagle, May 6, 1897, 16. "McCaddin Hall Opening", Brooklyn Daily Eagle, November 13, 1898, 30.