St. Peter's Rectory, Brooklyn
Rectory to St. Peter's Roman Catholic Church, constructed in 1859.1
- Read more about St. Peter's Rectory, Brooklyn
- Log in to post comments
Rectory to St. Peter's Roman Catholic Church, constructed in 1859.1
St. Matthew's Evangelical Lutheran Church was a German congregation, established in February, 1864 in a tenement house on North 3rd Street between Kent and Wythe. That same year, the congregation purchased the former Williamsburgh city jail on North 5th Street between Driggs and Roebling and converted the building into a church, which was opened on August 28, 1864.
Real Estate Record & Builders' Guide, v. 88, no. 2268 (September 2, 1911), 324.
Blessed Sacrament Parish was founded in 1891. 1 story church and 3 1/2 story rectory. Architect listed as FJ Berlenwach.1 Many more pictures are available on the East New York Project site
Date is approximate.