Rowhouse

339 Vernon Avenue

One of a row of eight buildings (337 through 351 Vernon Avenue) designed by Englehardt for Hallheimer in 1888 (note that Real Estate Record describes this as eight buildings, but eight were constructed; the eighth building (337 Vernon at the corner of Lewis) was demolished between 1940 and 1980.

133 Calyer Street

One of five neo-Grec brick row houses built by Daniel W.L. Moore, a local builder/developer. Design of the buildings is attributed to Frederick Weber.

The two-story houses were originally designed with projecting square oriel windows with a modillioned cornice at the first floor and square-headed windows with corbeled sills and incised lintels at the second floor. 133 Calyer is missing its original oriel window but does retain most of its original ironwork.

131 Calyer Street

One of five neo-Grec brick row houses built by Daniel W.L. Moore, a local builder/developer. Design of the buildings is attributed to Frederick Weber. Moore lived at 131 Calyer Street when the house was completed.

The two-story houses were originally designed with projecting square oriel windows with a modillioned cornice at the first floor and square-headed windows with corbeled sills and incised lintels at the second floor. 131 Calyer is the only house in the row to retain the original oriel.

Recent Articles

  • History of the…
  • Mae West Didn'…
  • St. Peter Claver…
  • Domino Sugar…
  • Congregation Ahavas…
  • Engelhardt's…
  • Williamsburg Bridge…
  • Astral Oil Works
  • Sts. Peter and Paul…
  • Historic Street…
  • Gandar's…
  • Mechanics &…