Constructed as the boiler house for J. Kayser & Co., manufacturer of silk goods and underwear. The building was a single story, but 85' tall. Kayser's factory was located on this block and on the block to the east. W.L. Fleisher & Co. were the engineers for the construction.1 The building has been converted to residential use, with windows introduced throughout the front facade.
- 1. Real Estate Record & Builders' Guide, 11 January 1919 (v. 101, no. 2), 61.
275 Classon Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11205