Bushwick Central Methodist Episcopal Church (originally Bushwick Avenue M. E. Church, now Bushwick United M. E. Church) is a Romanesque Revival style brick and terra cotta church built in 1912, attributed to George W. Kramer. It replaced an earlier frame church that was constructed in 1887 (W. J. Browne, architect1).
The construction history of the existing building is not clear. The cornerstone on the existing building is dated 1912, however, Kramer illustrated the building in his 1897 treatise on church construction2. Adding to the confusion, DOB records record an addition in 1901, also designed Kramer (see DOB drawings, attached, which appear to show a wooden structure).
1123 Bushwick Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11221