Now Chase Manhattan Bank building, corner of Havemeyer and Broadway. First National bought the site in April 1908 for $75,000.1 New building was occupied on January 17, 1909. Old building was at the foot of Broadway. 4-story building in white limestone. Ground broken in June, 1908. Daus & Otto, architects; John Aull & Sons, contractor.2
- 1. "First National to Move", Brooklyn Daily Eagle, April 8, 1908, 2. Joseph Huber, president. "The purpose of the move is, of course, to follow the trend of business. Since the construction of the Williamsburg Bridge lower Broadway is even more deserted than lower Fulton Street."
- 2. "First National Bank Moves to New Building", Brooklyn Daily Eagle, January 18, 1909, 1.