North Side Bank (Havemeyer Street)

In 1912, bank buys property on Havemeyer, with plans to relocate Broadway/Lorimer branch. Eventually planned to replace Grand Street building as the bank's headquarters.1 By the time of the opening, the bank had officially decided to make the Havemeyer building its headquarters and the Grand Street building was relegated to branch status. Directors in 1913 include Horace Havemeyer and Lewis E. Pierson (president of Austin, Nichols & Co.).2 New building application #1566-12.3

  • 1"Organize Holding Company", Brooklyn Daily Eagle, January 19, 1912, 16.
  • 2"New North Side Bank", Brooklyn Daily Eagle, January 11, 1913, 24.
  • 3"Plans Filed for New Construction Work", Real Estate Record and Builders' Guide, March 30, 1912, 662.

223 Havemeyer Street
Brooklyn, NY 11211
United States

Owner name
North Side Holding Co.
180 Montague Street