All Saints parish was organized in 1866 as an offshoot of Most Holy Trinity parish on Montrose. As with Most Holy Trinity, All Saints parish was organized to serve the expanding German immigrant population in Williamsburg and Bushwick. The first church for All Saints was a brick structure, was consecrated in 1867. By the 1890s, the parish had outgrown its original church and the architecture firm of Schickel & Ditmars was hired to design a new church.
Bushwick Savings Bank was founded in 1868, but appears to have struggled in its early years.
In 1912, bank buys property on Havemeyer, with plans to relocate Broadway/Lorimer branch. Eventually planned to replace Grand Street building as the bank's headquarters.1 By the time of the opening, the bank had officially decided to make the Havemeyer building its headquarters and the Grand Street building was relegated to branch status. Directors in 1913 include Horace Havemeyer and Lewis E.