St. Patrick R. C. Church, Southold

Catholic services were first held in Southold in 1863. Prior to that, the nearest Catholic parish was St. Andrew's in Sag Harbor. The first church was a converted school on what is now Route 25. Originally there was to be a school on the property as well. The cornerstone of the present St. Patrick’s Church was laid on Columbus Day in 1926 and the first mass celebrated on July 1, 1927. 1

  • 1. Antonia Booth, "The Immigrant Church: St. Patrick's", Peconic Bay Shopper, March 2011[, pages 9 - 15./fn]
Year
1926
Building type
Address

52125 Main Road
Southold, NY 11971
United States

Architect
Neighborhood
City
Southold
Building Images

Recent Articles

  • History of the…
  • Mae West Didn'…
  • St. Peter Claver…
  • Domino Sugar…
  • Congregation Ahavas…
  • Engelhardt's…
  • Williamsburg Bridge…
  • Astral Oil Works
  • Sts. Peter and Paul…
  • Historic Street…
  • Gandar's…
  • Mechanics &…