St. James Parish

Founded 1823, as the third Roman Catholic parish of the Diocese of the New York. St. James was the first Roman Catholic parish on Long Island. St. James became the cathedral parish of the Diocese of Brooklyn on its founding in 1853 (which at the time comprised all of Long Island). The existing church of St. James was constructed in 1903.

Geofield

Recent Articles

  • History of the…
  • Mae West Didn'…
  • St. Peter Claver…
  • Domino Sugar…
  • Congregation Ahavas…
  • Engelhardt's…
  • Williamsburg Bridge…
  • Astral Oil Works
  • Sts. Peter and Paul…
  • Historic Street…
  • Gandar's…
  • Mechanics &…