The First Reformed Dutch Church of Brooklyn was established in 1654 as one of three Collegiate Dutch in what would one day become Kings County - for the towns of Breucklyn, Flatbush and Flatlands. The first church for the congregation was constructed in 1666 near the intersection of Fulton and Smith Streets. According to Bailey, this church was replaced in about 1706. In 1810, the third church was constructed on Joralemon Street. A fourth church, designed by Minard Lafever, was constructed in 1835. The present church of the congregation, now Old First Reformed Church, is located at Seventh Avenue and Carroll Place and was constructed about 1891.1
- 1J.T. Bailey, An Historical Sketch of the City of Brooklyn: And the Surrounding Neighborhood, Including Williamsburgh, and the Towns of Bushwick... (Brooklyn, N.Y.: the author, 1840), 14. See also “Early Days,” Old First Reformed Church, accessed March 26, 2022, http://oldfirstbrooklyn.org/history/early-days/.