Also called the "Gothic Church", the Second M. E. Church of Williamsburgh was organized on 4 September 1845 with ten members. The cornerstone for the church was laid on 4 December 1845 and the church was dedicated on 26 November 1846. The original trustees included Daniel Maujer, Lemuel Richardson, John F. Luther, Robert G. Thursby, Isaac Henderson and Charles Maujer.1
- 1Henry R. Stiles, ed., Civil, Political, Professional and Ecclesiastical History of the County of Kings and the City of Brooklyn from 1683 to 1884 (New York, N.Y., United States: W.W. Munsell, 1884), 1033.
- Log in to post comments
27 March 2022