In the early 20th Century bathhouses were constructed throughout Brooklyn to provide hygiene to residents in areas that lacked baths, and sometimes even plumbing, in their homes. The Huron Street bathhouse was the fourth of seven public baths constructed in Brooklyn between 1900 and 1910.
The Dime Savings Bank of Williamsburg was incorporated April 19, 1864. Its first home was the basement of the Williamsburgh Savings Bank. Within a couple of years, it had relocated to 3-5 Broadway. By about 1874, the bank had erected its own building at 52 Broadway. In 1903, the bank moved yet again, this time Havemeyer Street fronting on the then-new Williamsburg Bridge Plaza.