In the early 20th Century bathhouses were constructed throughout Brooklyn to provide hygiene to residents in areas that lacked bathing facilities, and sometimes even plumbing, in their homes. The Huron Street bathhouse was the fourth of seven public baths constructed in Brooklyn between 1900 and 1910. The Huron Street bathhouse closed in 1949 and was sold for use as a warehouse. Recently it has been converted to condominiums.
For a detailed look at the history of public baths in Brooklyn, check out this article from Brooklyn Relics.
139 Huron Street
Brooklyn, NY 11222