Havemeyers & Elder first built a two-story warehouse on this site in 1874. In May of 1887, the building suffered a catastrophic fire. According to the Brooklyn Eagle, the building was used as a depot by the Erie Railroad, managed by L. M. Palmer, and owned and operated by Havemeyers & Elder. Soon after, Havemeyers & Elder rebuilt the building as a three-story warehouse.
Enlarged in 1928. Information from October, 2007 EAS prepared by Wall & Associates, Inc., 330 West 42nd Street.
HOPE ST, BROOKLYN. - W. A. Stoddard [sic], 31 Union sq, Manhattan, has completed plans for a 7-sty brick [sic] factory for J. Cavanagh. 616 Bedford av, to be situated on the north side of Hope st, 80 ft. east of Roebling st, Brooklyn, to cost $50,000. Slag roof, steam heat, etc. 1
One of two buildings on lot (cf. 31 Grand Street). "2254 - Kent av, e s, 80 n Grand st, one four-story and cellar brick warehouse and store, 56x58, and extension 20x35, tin roof, brick and stone cornice; cost, $14,500; C. H. Tiebout, for Grand st and Kent av; ar't, W. W. Smith; b'rs, W. L. Langridge, Jr., and S. F. Bartlett." 1
Former Huber Brewery building, at intersection of Meserole Street and (now) Bushwick Place. Probably at southeast corner.