151 Kent Avenue

Year
1887
Building type
Material
Owner name
Havemeyers & Elder
Williamsburgh
Builder
Havemeyers & Elder

151 Kent Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11249
United States

Number of Buildings
1
Dimensions
400x100
stories
3
cost
$20,000

Havemeyers & Elder first built a two-story warehouse on this site in 1874.1 In May of 1887, the building suffered a catastrophic fire. According to the Brooklyn Eagle, the building was used as a depot by the Erie Railroad, managed by L. M. Palmer, and owned and operated by Havemeyers & Elder.2 . Soon after, Havemeyers & Elder rebuilt the building as a three-story warehouse.3

  • 1Real Estate Record & Builders' Guide (vol. 14, no 345, October 24, 1874), 285.
  • 2Brooklyn Daily Eagle (May 29, 1887), 1.
  • 3Real Estate Record & Builders' Guide (June 18, 1887).