Annunciation BVM School, Williamsburg

Year
1892
Building type
Material
Owner name
R.C. Church of the Annunciation
Number of Buildings
1
Dimensions
55*76
stories
3
cost
$38,000

School building for Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary parish, the second of Williamsburg's German-American parishes in the 19th century.

This building is the second school constructed for the parish, and was designed by Francis J. Berlenbach, a prominent architect for the Diocese of Brooklyn. Berlenbach (and his successor firm, Francis J. Berlenbach and Sons) designed over 50 churches, schools, convents and other structures for the Diocese between the mid-1880s and the 1950s.