Constructed in 1848 for the First Universalist Society of Williamsburgh. The First Universalist Society of Williamsburgh (later All Souls Universalist Church) was founded in 1845 and occupied this site from 1848 until about 1873, when All Souls relocated to South 10th Street. The Fourth Avenue (Bedford Avenue) Methodist Protestant Church acquired the building circa 1873.
The Methodist Protestant congregation was founded in 1832, was a secessionist congregation of the Williamsburgh Methodist Protestant church.
J.J. White, pastor in 1892.
344 Bedford Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11249
First Universalist Society of Williamsburgh