Cornerstone laid in 18651. The asylum was located east of Albany Avenue between Warren and Wyckoff Streets (now Prospect Place and St. Mark's Avenue). It was closed in 1940 when the Diocese of Brooklyn moved its orphanage to Rockaway and later demolished to make way for Albany Houses, a NYCHA public housing development.
- 1
"25,000 Persons Assembled", Brooklyn Eagle, 6 November 1865 (pg. 2).
Year
1865
Address
193 Albany Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11213
United States
Architect