Founded in 1848, St. Monica's was the second-oldest Roman Catholic parish in Queens County. The parish closed in 1973. The existing church was constructed in 1856 and substantially demolished in 1998 following the collapse of the apse and sanctuary. The church facade, designated a NYC Landmark in 1979, was saved and incorporated into the design of the York College Day Care Center, constructed in 2002 (Fox & Fowle, architects).
94-20 160th Street
Jamaica, NY 11433