Bushwick

74 Cornelia Street

"...two-story and mansard roof frame dwelling, 40x40, on the northeast side of Cornelia street, 100 east of Bushwick avenue, for John Welz, to cost $10,000; and a similar dwelling, 200 feet east of Bushwick avenue, for Charles Zerweck, to cost the same..."1

Ibert Brewery

The Frank Ibert Brewery was located on the east side of Evergreen Avenue, between Linden and Grove Streets. A two-story brick structure still remains at the southeast corner of Evergreen and Grove. In 1889, Theobald Engelhardt prepared plans for a three-story frame brewery, one-story brick boiler house, three-story frame machine house and three-story frame storage building.

All Saints R. C. Church Yorkton Fri, 09/02/2016 - 09:39

All Saints parish was organized in 1866 as an offshoot of Most Holy Trinity parish on Montrose. As with Most Holy Trinity, All Saints parish was organized to serve the expanding German immigrant population in Williamsburg and Bushwick. The first church for All Saints was a brick structure, was consecrated in 1867. By the 1890s, the parish had outgrown its original church and the architecture firm of Schickel & Ditmars was hired to design a new church.

St. Mark's German Evangelical Lutheran Church

The parish of St. Mark’s Evangelical Lutheran Church was established in 1868 on Evergreen Avenue; however, the building quickly became too small for the increasing number of congregants and to inadequacy of the building to provide school accommodations for the children. The new site at the southwest corner of Bushwick Avenue and Jefferson Street was purchased in 1885.

Recent Articles

  • History of the…
  • Mae West Didn'…
  • St. Peter Claver…
  • Domino Sugar…
  • Congregation Ahavas…
  • Engelhardt's…
  • Williamsburg Bridge…
  • Astral Oil Works
  • Sts. Peter and Paul…
  • Historic Street…
  • Gandar's…
  • Mechanics &…