The two buildings at 316 and 318 South 5th Street1 (which were later renumbered to 318 and 320) were nearly identical to the rest of the buildings on the south side of North 5th between Marcy Avenue and Rodney Street.
Real Estate Record lists this as two buildings on Grand Street, "ss, 80 w Bushwick av". The description would point to 806 and 808 Grand Street, however these are part of a larger row of Italianate buildings and 806 is only 25' wide. 812 Grand Street, which is only 38' west of Bushwick Avenue, is a 30' wide neo-Grec building of this period; 808 next door is also 30' wide, but appears to be part of the Italianate row.
Block of 8 dwellings and stores, on the south side of Grand Street starting one building west of Leonard Street.
Constructed in the early 1830s as a single-family residence. The original building was probably two-and-a-half stories and enlarged to three stories by the 1840s. As early as 1870, the building had been converted to multi-family use, with a Chinese laundry located in the basement. Other uses in the 19th century included an oyster bar. By the 1930s, the building was used for metal storage/salvage, as evidenced by the large metal shutters at the parlor floor level.
A rare (and perhaps early?) non-ecclesiastical building designed by Thomas Houghton.
1917. Designed by Sass & Springsteen for S. Kaplan & Son, owner and builder, of 750 Driggs Avenue.
Demolished; replaced by a mid-1920s apartment building. Real Estate Record & Builders' Guide (v. 15, no. 370, April 17, 1875), 271.
One of a group of three buildings built by builder John Wilson. All three are described as "brown stone dwellings", although only basement is faced in brownstone. Real Estate Record & Builders' Guide (v. 15, no. 370, April 17, 1875), 271.
Aluminum sided. Real Estate Record & Builders' Guide (v. 15, no. 369, April 10, 1875), 253.