St. Johannes German Evangelical Lutheran
St. Johannes German Evangelical Lutheran (now St. John the Evangelist) Church was founded in 1844 as what appears to be a non-denominational protestant congregation of German-speaking worshippers. At the time, German immigrants were just beginning to arrive in large numbers to the town of Williamsburgh. From 1844 to 1854 the church was located on the corner of Wyckoff (now Ten Eyck) Street and Graham Avenue. The congregation was a mix of Reform, Evangelical and Lutheran congregants and was known as the "German Evangelical Congregation".
- Read more about St. Johannes German Evangelical Lutheran
- Log in to post comments