Parish was separated from St. Stanislaus Kostka's parish in 1909 as a separate Polish parish for Williamsburg. Prior to the erection of the church, mass was held at McCaddin Memorial Hall. The cornerstone of the church was laid on May 9, 19101. The building combines a church and a school, with the basement used as a parish hall and a separate convent next door and rectory across Metropolitan Avenue. Church seats 800; school had 400 students and was run by the Felician Sisters. The founding pastor was Alexius A. Jarka. 2
Attributed to Reiley & Steinback based on their documented work designing the school and rectory; no documentation of architect for church (which may in fact be part of the same building with the school).
184 Metropolitan Avenue