The Parish of the Most Precious Blood was founded in 1922, with Edward A. Holran as the first parish priest. The original parishioners were predominantly Irish, German and Italian residents of Long Island City. Fr. James J. Comerford was the priest at the time of the construction of the chuch.
Cornerstone laid 3 October 1937 1. The parish's first church was dedicated in 1942, was originally church of St. Francis de Sales. Fr. Fusco bought the church, had it transported and had it put on a concrete foundation. The original altar, confessionals and altar went to other parishes (St. Teresa of Avila, Brooklyn, Our Lady of Mercy, St. Monica's and St. Andrew, Manhattan).
Parish established on August 25, 1964 to serve new Lefrak City development. The current church structure replaced a "temporary" Quonset-hut-type structure, completed in 1965. The new church was dedicated on November 4, 2001.1.
St. Virgilius parish was founded in 1922. Now merged with St. Camilius parish in Rockaway.