Previously known as the Ormond Place Church. Constructed in 1853 for Bedford Reformed Church. After a dispute with the Reformed Church led that congregation to abandon the project, the Central Congregational Church became first tenant.
Congregation started in 1847, first worshiping on Powers Street (Third Avenue). Constructed in 1851 for St. Peter's Episcopal Church. The cornerstone for the church was laid in 1850 and the building opened for services in May, 1851. By 1856, St. Peter's had outgrown the building and began construction of a new church on State Street, near Bond. Between 1857 and 1863 the building was occupied by the First Reform Presbyterian Church. The building was sold to the Church of the Convenanters in 1860. In 1864, the Second United Presbyterian Church of Brooklyn acquired the building.
The original Church of St. Rose of Lima was constructed 1870. The wood-frame Gothic-style church was designed by Thomas F. Houghton. The church, with a capacity of 300, was the first Catholic church to serve the people of the Greenfield section of southern Brooklyn.
St. Patrick parish was founded in 1849 as St. Patrick Church Mission to serve Ft. Hamilton area, making it one of the oldest parishes in Brooklyn. The church was the Catholic parish of soldiers stationed at Ft. Hamilton. The first St. Patrick church was dedicated in 1852. The cornerstone for the current chuch was laid on October 11, 1925 and the church was dedicated by Bishop Molloy on December 12, 1926.1
Catholic services were first held in Southold in 1863. Prior to that, the nearest Catholic parish was St. Andrew's in Sag Harbor. The first church was a converted school on what is now Route 25. Originally there was to be a school on the property as well. The cornerstone of the present St. Patrick’s Church was laid on Columbus Day in 1926 and the first mass celebrated on July 1, 1927. 1