New & Updated

  • Cornerstone laid 3 October 1937 1. The parish's first church was dedicated in 1942, was originally church of St. Francis de Sales. Fr. Fusco bought the church, had it transported and had it put on a concrete foundation. The original altar, confessionals and altar went to other parishes (St. Teresa of Avila, Brooklyn, Our Lady of Mercy, St. Monica's and St. Andrew, Manhattan).

  • St. Camillus parish was established as a mission in 1909; parishioners attended St. Rose of Lima until 1912. Existing building may be an alteration to an earlier structure. 1 Now part of St. Camillus-St. Virgilus Parish.

    • 1. Jessie Noda, p. 302.
  • Cornerstone laid by Bishop Loughlin on 27 September 1891; the church was dedicated 26 November 1893. Rev. E. J. McGolrick was the priest in charge of construction of the church. The rectory and a separate chapel were constructed at the same time, with both also designed by Poole.

  • BEVERLY RD, 1702-24, s e c E 17th, 1-sty bk church, irreg; $200,000; (o) Church of the Holy Innocents, 1718 Beverly rd; (a) Helmle & Corbett, 130 W 42d, Manhattan (2029) 1

    • 1. Real estate record and builders' guide: v. 109, no. 8: February 25, 1922, page 254
  • "The Methodist Episcopal Tabernacle at Greenpoint has just been built of brick, with brown stone facings, at a cost of $50,000." 1

    • 1. "Church Improvements in Brooklyn", Brooklyn Eagle, 21 July 1869 (pg. 2)

Note: This is not a static site - entries are being updated continuously. New entries are listed immediately below, but check on the bottom of the page for recently updated entries.

Novelty Theater now includes information from the Bushwiki. Read more here.


 

Recent Articles

  • History of the…
  • Mae West Didn'…
  • St. Peter Claver…
  • Domino Sugar…
  • Congregation Ahavas…
  • Engelhardt's…
  • Williamsburg Bridge…
  • Astral Oil Works
  • Sts. Peter and Paul…
  • Historic Street…
  • Gandar's…
  • Mechanics &…