Originally the Hopkins Street German Presbyterian Church, renamed Bushwick Avenue German Presbyterian Church when it relocated in 1905. Hopkins Street German Presbyterian Church was founded ca. 1868, as a mission church affiliated with Throop Avenue Presbyterian Church.
Methodist Protestant church formerly located on the southwest corner of Bedford Avenue and South Third Street, also known as Bedford Avenue Pentecostal Church. Founded in 1832, was a secessionist congregation of the Williamsburgh Methodist Protestant church.
J.J. White, pastor in 1892.
The Dime Savings Bank of Williamsburg was incorporated April 19, 1864. Its first home was the basement of the Williamsburgh Savings Bank. Within a couple of years, it had relocated to 3-5 Broadway. By about 1874, the bank had erected its own building at 52 Broadway. In 1903, the bank moved yet again, this time Havemeyer Street fronting on the then-new Williamsburg Bridge Plaza.
John Rochester Thomas (1848-1901, is credited (or co-credited) with the New York City Hall of Records (now Surrogate's Court) on Centre Street; the New York Presbyterian Church (West 128th Street and Adam Clayton Powell Blvd.); Reformed Low Dutch Church of Harlem (West 123rd Street and Lenox Avenue); St. John's Episcopal Church (St. John's Place); Squadron A Armory (Park Avenue and East 95th Street). He designed more than 150 churches over the course of his career.
The parish of St. Mark’s Evangelical Lutheran Church was established in 1868 on Evergreen Avenue; however, the building quickly became too small for the increasing number of congregants and to inadequacy of the building to provide school accommodations for the children. The new site at the southwest corner of Bushwick Avenue and Jefferson Street was purchased in 1885. Three new buildings were built on the site – church, school, and rectory – and dedicated together in 1892 with a celebration that lasted for several days.