147 Pacific Street
Brooklyn, NY 11201
The Pacific Street Methodist Episcopal Church was constructed in 1851 at the northwest corner of Pacific and Clinton Streets. The congregation was established in 1844 and for the first few years worshiped in the former South Brooklyn Presbyterian Church, located on Pacific between Court and Clinton Streets. The first service at the new church was held on May 18, 1851.1 Based on the insurance maps, the church was demolished in the 1890s and replaced with two apartment buildings.
- 1Brooklyn Methodist Episcopal Churches, http://bklyn-genealogy-info.stevemorse.org/Worship/Meth.html (accessed 31 January 2022).