This large Queen Anne house was built for Charles Lindemann, a wealthy member of Bushwick's large German community and an officer in Brooklyn's German Republican Club. The house was recently restored and the original brick has been stuccoed.
Convent constructed for the Sisters of St. Dominic, who prior to taking up residence here had been located at Graham and Montrose avenues. The building was converted to residential use starting in the mid-1980s.
Source: Real estate record and builders' guide: v. 109, no. 12: March 25, 1922
Cornerstone laid in September 1889. The current structure replaced an older structure dating to about 1874 that was located to the east on Hooper Street. The old church was built with the intention of later being converted to a school, and therefore had beam pockets built into the walls for the installation of two new floors at a future date. (That church/school was later replaced with a new school.)