234 Grand Street

Companion building to 230 Grand Street, next door.

"Two rickety one story and store frame buildings on the south side of Grand street near Fifth [Driggs], adjoining the Tuttle Buildings, owned by Dr. Andreas, of Bedford avenue, are to be removed this Spring and their places supplied with imposing four story brick structures 25x80 feet. The ground floors will be used for business purposes. William H. Gaylor, the architect, has prepared the plans for the proposed new buildings, and it is understood that Lamb Brothers have obtained the contract for their erection."1

In Real Estate Record, architect listed as N. H. Gaylor. 2 Brooklyn Eagle reports owner as "Dr. Andreas" and architect as W. H. Gaylor.3

  • 1"Progress: New Building in the Eastern District" (Brooklyn Eagle, February 18, 1878), 4.
  • 2Real estate record and builders' guide: v. 21, no. 530: May 11, 1878, p. 421
  • 3"Progress: New Buildings in the Eastern District", Brooklyn Eagle, February 18, 1878, p. 4

234 Grand Street
Brooklyn, NY 11211
United States

Owner name
C. H. Andariese (trustee)
Bedford av, Morton st
W&T Lamb, A. Scheld