Pacific Street Chapel

Year
ca. 1869
Building type
Address

301 Pacific Street
Brooklyn, NY 11201
United States

Owner name
First Presbyterian Church of Brooklyn (Old School)
Neighborhood
City
Brooklyn
Number of Buildings
1
stories
1
Material
Notes

Constructed by the First Presbyterian of Brooklyn (Old School). First Presbyterian merged with South Presbyterian Church in 1875 to form Clinton Street Presbyterian Church. In 1882, Clinton Presbyterian sold the chapel to the Swedish Evangelical Lutheran Bethlehem Church, which occupied the building for 20 years. In 1902, the Swedish church sold the property to Syrian Orthodox Mission of North America, which renamed the church the Syrian-Greek Cathedral of St. Nicholas. In the 1920s, the Syrian chuch sold the property to the John Wesley Methodist Episcopal Church. In 1947, the property sold to the First Spanish Baptist Church (the current owner).

Research by Fei Teng

Recent Articles

  • History of the…
  • Mae West Didn'…
  • St. Peter Claver…
  • Domino Sugar…
  • Congregation Ahavas…
  • Engelhardt's…
  • Williamsburg Bridge…
  • Astral Oil Works
  • Sts. Peter and Paul…
  • Historic Street…
  • Gandar's…
  • Mechanics &…