Italianate

St. Patrick R. C. Church, Brooklyn

The parish of St. Patrick was founded in the early 1840s, prior to the establishment of the Diocese of Brooklyn. The origins of the church are a bit obscure, but it appears to have been founded as a parish for Irish Catholics in East Brooklyn (now Clinton Hill/Bedford-Stuyvesant), with the first services held in private structures near Wallabout Street and Flushing Avenue. Early secondary-source references to the church call it the Wallabout Church. In 1843, Rev. Hugh Maguire was appointed as the first priest for the parish.

249-253 Hewes Street

One of a group of three buildings built by builder John Wilson. All three are described as "brown stone dwellings", although only basement is faced in brownstone. Real Estate Record & Builders' Guide (v. 15, no. 370, April 17, 1875), 271.

79 Berry Street Yorkton Fri, 10/01/2021 - 22:50

Real Estate Record & Builders' Guide (v. 15, no. 368, April 3, 1875), 233.

22 Stagg Street Yorkton Fri, 10/01/2021 - 22:45

Real Estate Record & Builders' Guide (v. 15, no. 366, March 20, 1875), 204.

674 Manhattan Avenue Yorkton Fri, 10/01/2021 - 22:37

Original address was Orchard Street. Described as Orchard Street, north side, 190' east of Norman Avenue. Real Estate Record & Builders' Guide (v. 15, no. 368, April 3, 1875), 233.

473 Grand Street Yorkton Fri, 10/01/2021 - 22:28

Four-story Italianate tenement with cast-iron lintels and sills. Address at time of construction was 379 Grand Street. Real Estate Record & Builders' Guide (v. 15, no. 368, April 3, 1875), 233.